A safe driver is said to be someone who keeps everyone safe in his car including himself. This can be possible if he is able to identify the hazard, avoid any kind of unhealthy situation and act promptly. So, this would be one of the important lessons to take up during driving course, which can make a driver the best and safe driver.
Before we go into the depth of this topic, firstly let us understand what can be those possible hazards, which can occur suddenly:
Possible hazards are nothing, but some source of danger on or near the road that could cause some accident or crash. It can come from any direction such as:
- A child coming on the road all of a sudden chasing a ball.
- A wildlife or an animal suddenly jumping in front of your car, especially at night time when the vision in front of you is not very clear
- Vehicle entering your lane suddenly coming in front of your car.
- Driving through some country roads with soft edges and verges
- Driving through flooded roads or slippery roads after rainfall.
These kinds of situations can always put a driver in a difficult situation which can turn worse either for him, people with him or the opposite source of danger. So, to avoid any such hazardous situations, it is crucial for a driver to spot the danger sooner rather than later, in order to take the required actions.
This skill can actually start developing once the driver is well versed with his driving, but it can also be taught well during your driving lessons too. Hence, a safe driving course is recommended for everyone, especially to young adults who will help them reduce such risks and anticipate difficult situations by making well-informed decisions on the road. Ltrent is a great driving school with best instructors who teach people to drive safely and properly, so that they are confident and well – equipped to survive on the roads.
Here are some safe tips from us to the drivers or new learners to avoid any such problems:
- Keep safe distance between your car and the other vehicle, so that you have time to identify hazards and respond to it.
- Maintain safe gaps when crossing traffic, turning or changing lanes to avoid any kind of accidents or crash.
- Identify any kind of hazards before-hand to avoid any bad situations. This is one important skill which a driver needs to have.
One of the researches has shown that most accidents happen at the rear end. Hence, it is important to keep a safe following distance. Remember, the distance that it will take to stop your car will also depend how fast you are driving the car. The faster you drive, the more time it will take to stop the car.
Hence, it is always recommended to drive at a speed limit rather than too fast and end up in a mishap. Lastly avoid drink and drive, even though it is not legally allowed, people still do it.